Today I’d like to introduce you to Mandy Anne Curtis, a fellow blogger, geek, designer, and all-around nice girl.
On her blog Chocolate & Cream Cake, Mandy describes herself as just “a small-town girl living in a nerdy world.” And every time I read that tagline, you better believe I sing it inside my head like Steve Perry.
I was introduced to Mandy via a mutual friend & TMNT fan on Twitter earlier this year who rightly guessed that we’d have a lot in common. I’ve been following Mandy’s blog ever since.
Here’s a sampling of some of the cool and geeky things you’ll find over there:
- Nerd News— Gigantic round-ups of movie, comics, gaming & related news, fan art, and links from around the web.
- Obsessed — One-shot reviews of the things Mandy’s currently obsessing over.
- Fictional Fancies — A place to gush over the fictional characters we’re crushing on.
- Lusting After— Like virtual window shopping for fashions, decor, collectibles and trendy stuff.
- Geek of the Week— Introductions to other cool geeks.
- Haiku Revieu— Movie reviews plus a haiku summary.
- Renter’s Delight— Decorating ideas, projects and inspiration.
- A Life More Pinteresting— Nifty Pinterest finds.
I enjoy Mandy’s blog because it’s like a cheerful, geeky, girly sanctuary away from the seedy, dark corners of the interwebz I usually frequent and the sausage
party fest of man-children that is The League (not that that’s a bad thing; I love you guys!).
Mandy humored me today by posting my own contribution to her Fictional Fancies feature, in which I shamelessly reveal my lust for a character from Veronica Mars. I don’t usually do such outrageously girly things, but every now and then it’s been known to happen. Maybe someone spiked my Fruity Pebbles with estrogen this week.